Site Privacy Statement
- The Cooks Friend Company is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK.The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
- When you order, we need to know your name, billing address, order delivery address, email address and telephone number. This allows us to process your order. You have the option to withhold personal information that is not required for the order process.
- We do not use your personal information to update you about new products/services.
- We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons, beyond the essential requirement for credit/debit card validation during purchase.
- We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation. We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use a technology called "cookies" as part of a normal business procedure to track patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. A cookie is an element of data that our Website sends to your browser which is then stored on your system. You can set your browser to prevent this happening, but this will prevent you from purchasing products from our site. Any information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you change your browser settings.
- In order to process credit/debit card transactions, the bank or card processing agency may require to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the EEA (European Economic Area). Your information will not be transferred outside the EEA for any other purpose.
Should you have any questions or comments about privacy, you should email us at email@example.com